Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Prefixes Task

This is a task that shows our understanding of prefixes, Take a look!



Prefixes
A prefix is a word part that is added to the front of a base word to change the meaning of the word.


misbehave
preheat
reread
unzip
reuse
preview
unkind
misspell
prepay
mistreat
redo
dislike
misunderstood
rewrite
unable
preschool


  1. My mum said “do not be ____Unkind____ to your sister.”
  2. I have to ____Unzip___ my jacket before taking it off.
  3. It is wrong to ___Mistreat____ animals.
  4. I asked him to ___Rewrite____ his maths sums because I could not read them.
  5. I enjoyed watching the ___Preview___ before the movie began.
  6. My little brother was often told not to ____Misbehave___.
  7. It is good to ___Reuse___ supermarket plastic bags.
  8. I had to ___Redo___ my homework because I spilt my cereal on it.
  9. I practised the word so that I would not ____mispell___ it in the writing test.
  10. I reread my favourite book every year.
  11.     The recipe told me to reheat the oven to 180 degrees.
  12. I really dislike having to tidy my room.
  13.     I was on a prepay mobile phone contract with vodafone.
  14.     I answered wrong because I misunderstood the question.
  15. Every morning mum drops my little brother at preschool.
  16. Whaea Petra was unable to close the P.E. container door.


Match the base word with the correct prefix to make a new word.
re-
mis-
un-
in-
dis-
pre-
under-
over-


rematch
unload
overboard
disqualify
mistake
reshape
reload
preview
untied
understand
discount
disorder
uncut
disconnect
recharge
unhappy


Use each of the words with their prefix in a sentence.
  1. I had to recharge my phone so i can go on it
  2. I had to unload the things in the car
  3. I was disconnected off the internet
  4. I didn’t qualify for the finals
  5. I wrote a mistake
  6. I overloaded my bag
  7. I recharged my netbook
  8. I unloaded the truck
  9. I was unhappy when i fell
  10. I have an  eating disorder


No comments:

Post a Comment