This is a task that shows our understanding of prefixes, Take a look!
A prefix is a word part that is added to the front of a base word to change the meaning of the word.
- My mum said “do not be ____Unkind____ to your sister.”
- I have to ____Unzip___ my jacket before taking it off.
- It is wrong to ___Mistreat____ animals.
- I asked him to ___Rewrite____ his maths sums because I could not read them.
- I enjoyed watching the ___Preview___ before the movie began.
- My little brother was often told not to ____Misbehave___.
- It is good to ___Reuse___ supermarket plastic bags.
- I had to ___Redo___ my homework because I spilt my cereal on it.
- I practised the word so that I would not ____mispell___ it in the writing test.
- I reread my favourite book every year.
- The recipe told me to reheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- I really dislike having to tidy my room.
- I was on a prepay mobile phone contract with vodafone.
- I answered wrong because I misunderstood the question.
- Every morning mum drops my little brother at preschool.
- Whaea Petra was unable to close the P.E. container door.
Match the base word with the correct prefix to make a new word.
Use each of the words with their prefix in a sentence.
- I had to recharge my phone so i can go on it
- I had to unload the things in the car
- I was disconnected off the internet
- I didn’t qualify for the finals
- I wrote a mistake
- I overloaded my bag
- I recharged my netbook
- I unloaded the truck
- I was unhappy when i fell
- I have an eating disorder