Pages

Friday 24 October 2014

Explanation Writing

This week for written language we wrote pieces of writing related to this term's inquiry topic - Technology. We wrote a explanation writing about a certain need in our school or community.

Image result for netbook clipart
I believe that our school needs netbooks because it has helped us develop our writing and it has been proven throughout the three years that our school has been with Manaiakalani. This is important to us because computers have already made their way into our generation and we have been greatly affected from it. If you asked every student that owns a netbook, they would choose to use their netbooks instead of writing in a book. Would you agree?


Can you fit all your ideas onto a piece of paper during a writing test?
Personally when I was younger I could never get enough time to finish my writing during a test, even when I did, the teacher usually couldn’t read it because my writing was too messy. This is a major disability for people who have great talent, but messy writing. Netbooks help me type all of my ideas and it is easy for a teacher to understand after a writing test.

Netbooks have been a great step for many schools to take. It has adapted from many other things including dictionaries, books, thesauruses, and many more! Schools are changing! This can help each student adapt to their environments in good ways. This affects others because I used to always get sore hands during a writing test; so I would stop writing and wait for my hand to feel better. With netbooks you can type as much ideas as you want, without the disadvantages of using a pencil and writing.

Being noticed online. This a great advantage that is given to Manaiakalani schools and this is being used by letting us work to our netbook motto: learn, create and share! After our students finish producing our work we get to blog it for the world to see. This is something that has been introduced since our netbooks were first introduced and it helps us gather the courage to share with others online and in real life.

Netbooks have been very important throughout our lives and many lives more to come. Something as simple as laptops can affect a whole education system. If you ask other students then you would most likely get the same answers as listed above. I recommend that most people should rethink their thoughts about netbooks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jayden I really liked your story because you tell us so much about Netbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayden I really enjoyed reading your explanation writing it is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete