Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Volcano Description

The steam rising. The lava flowing. I can see the mix of the water and lava forming steam, rising in the sky. Ashes flying into the air. Water consuming the lava. I see the mountains trying to maintain itself from the ongoing lava.

I can hear sizzling sounds like someone cooking bacon . The lava slithering down. Rumbling sounds of the volcano like an earthquake. The lava forced out of the volcano making streaming mud sounds like it’s going down a slope.

The smoke, filling my nose with the horrible smell. Like a bushfire gone wrong. The smoke and ashes disintegrating into dust. The mountain with the lava burning its flesh to the bone.

I can taste the ash landing on my tastebuds. Bitter. Roasting. Smoke flying past my tongue.

My fingertips burning like a campfire. Hot steam - like putting your hand over a pot. Sweat rushing down my hands. Ashes burning flesh down to the bone.

1 comment:

  1. Jayden, this description of a volcano eruption gives me the goosebumps. It makes it sound so scary - but also kind of beautiiful at the same time. Like a beautiful nightmare. Keep up the amazing writing in Room 8.

    ReplyDelete