Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Jaydens Description Writing

You won’t believe where I’ve just been... the past!  The time traveling machine went spinning in the same spot but the place changed. It was like a dream.I fell on the ground and scraped my elbow.  There were warriors using poi to help their wrists to become flexible and strong to use weapons like taiaha. It was awesome!


A tohunga came past and saw me.  He showed me around his village. I could see he was using his medic tools to help a wounded warrior.  Then he helped my elbow by strapping harakeke around it.  
I could see the wonderful structures of their maraes.  Tekoteko with their beautiful paua eyes and harakeke rooved houses.  It was so misty. They let me in their marae and the kuia told me the rules. I took my shoes off.


I could see their mountains which were similar to our mountains and they didn’t have any footpaths of concrete just a muddy surface (ground).  All that smell of fire,smoke. I could hear the rocks being prepared for the hangi and the hangi smelt delicious!  It was cool. I could smell the beautiful fresh air.  We had a karakia in the marae.


You should have come and heard all the maori language and the trees swaying like a tornado was coming. We all walked out towards the eating house (whare kai).  There was a huge table with kai. I was rushing to the table while slipping my shoes on.  People were talking to me but I didn’t understand so I pulled out my Maori dictionary.   We had to say a karakia to bless the kai.  I got to eat first because I was a manuhiri.  The food was delicious. It was the best time in New Zealand history, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment